Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a solution. Scout ii 4bt swap. What is a good solution for the throttle cable? The engine had a rigged ford cable on it. Probably missing original parts. Last issue and I’m driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just used a universal cable, steel braided and you cut to fit. I think it was Spectre brand can’t remember but I think I picked it up at the local pep boys or autozone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just used a universal cable, steel braided and you cut to fit. I think it was Spectre brand can’t remember but I think I picked it up at the local pep boys or autozone.
I picked one up from a mid 80’s Ltd. think I can make it work. I was looking at old 12valves and they have a rod with a separate linkage. I was curious if a 4bt would have that also. Mine does not. Just a bracket about 5 inches off the pump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Other issue I have the Air filter intake tube for the turbo. I have a big rubber 90 but it hits the oil filter housing. Any idea where I get an original or something that will clear? Thinking I’ll find a plastic 90 and melt a dent in it, but looking for a factory solution.

·
Registered
12,063 Posts
On the air intake, what exhaust manifold, oil filter setup, and turbo are you using? The 3" cobra head intake elbow clears the stock horizontal oil filter when using the stock H1C or HX30W turbo. If you have the Super HX30W which has a 4" inlet then it won't clear and you have to consider a different exhaust manifold or a remote oil filter arrangement. The vertical oil filter can also cause interference. Road engines normally had the horizontal filter arrangement. If you have just a rubber 90 you need a part called a cobra head. They are not expensive. They come in rubber or silicone. The rubber ones are fine for just an intake. Intakehoses.com sells the 3" version for $24.45.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I believe that will clear the oil filter. I’m using a stock turbo mounted low rear. Thank you

·
Registered
72 Posts
What I used on a 5.7L TPI powered FJ-60, this housing:
This 1/16" cable:
I made or modified all of the end fittings for both the housing and the cable. Some of the modified parts were Chevy, others were FJ-62, and some were completely from scratch.

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,675 Posts
Hears a LINK to my 1980 ScoutII 4BT swap. I used a first gen Dodge throttle cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We had the same issues. I cut my floor and went hydraulic on the clutch also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts