Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting's 4bt Guru's,
Anybody on this list from Canada or have a source in western Canada where I can track down one of these engines or complete van.

·
Registered
10 Posts
4 bta sources

I purchased mine at Adlemans in Akron Ohio.I got to choose,hear it run and were very good to deal with.I walked down thru and grabbed hold of throttle shafts till I found a tight one.They brought a cart with batteries,fuel and an oil pressure gauge and ran it for me.I was told that they do ship.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was driving through a commercial/industrial part of town and saw a P30 cummins for sale......sometimes that works too

·
Registered
182 Posts
Where are you in Canada? I have two good rebuildable cores. Both ran when removed, just smoked a little to much at start up to be sold as good running motors. I also have a freight liner with a 4bt and Allison 4 speed auto. What exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you feel like crossing the border I am aware of two for sale in eastern Washington State.

·
Registered
179 Posts
CJ8 where are you located ?

i been looking for a couple of runners in B.C. Got nada to date .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in Terrace B.C, which is in the northwest part of British Columbia and not to far from Hyder Alaska. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rebuildable Cores

Bill, How do you know your engines are rebuidable? I bought one off ebay that was "a good running engine with 36k miles", it had two scored cylinders that scrapped the block and a cracked head. Could I pull the head off and look before I bought it? I too am looking for a good 4bt long block in Alberta. Thanks Al

·
Registered
182 Posts
67truckguy,

I figure the core is rebuildable because it ran good but had a lot of blow-by. That being said, I have two core motors, so if one was bad, we could try the other. I have no problem with a close inspection as long as everything get put back on. I could also take the core to a Cummins mechanic and have them inspect it (on your dime).

I am easy to work with!

Bill

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I was looking for a 4bt, I found 3 places in Alberta that had them. All are farm equipment recyclers. Prices went from $3000.00 for a used runner to $6000.00 for a rebuilt. These are tractor engines, not automotive, so I'm not sure how they'd work in a truck. I bought 2 used runners from a yard in Wisconson, and had them shipped to me for a little more than the used one I found here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess the Frito-Lay step van weren't as popular in Canada as all the step vans I find out here are running 6.2 chevy's or Isuzu diesels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts