Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 4bt exhaust elbow for a Case 860 trencher. Case wants about $500 for p.n. A173623.
Found some on eBay for 180. Didn't know if this is a common Cummins part that can be bought cheaper elsewhere. Do you think it is the same as Cummins 3910992?

Attached are three photos...top is the parts book for Case 860 trencher. I need elbow, clamp that attaches it to turbo, and the L bracket (11) could also be replaced. Any leads appreciated.

Thanks
No photo description available.
Product Font Screenshot Nut Multimedia

No photo description available.

· Registered
13,457 Posts
Yes, that is a Cummins part. The 4bt was developed by Case and Cummins. Your part was used on applications with a vertical exhaust system. Cummins part 3910992 is Case part J910992 which lists for $497.35. Wee bit of markup from the one you found for $50. LOL. Hagan Tractor Parts shows Case part A173623 replaces part J910992 or 3910992. They have used ones for $70 but the $50 is a better deal. When Case and Cummins ended their joint venture Case stated renumbering all their parts.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Char, as in the past, thanks again for your tremendous help. I will likely find a 3910992 to purchase for this "Case" application. Any leads on the L bracket in the picture....do you think there is a Cummins part number for this?

· Registered
13,457 Posts
OK, that little L brace is a Cummins part also. Part number 3903760 or Case part J903760. Like all things Cummins it ain't cheap. Cummins sells it for $133.59. Aftermarket Express sells it for $94.45. If they have them, Hagan Tractor sells the used pipe and bracket set for $100. Have no idea what Case sells it for.

· Registered
366 Posts
A tight cobra head, is best for flow...

· Registered
13,457 Posts
Unfortunately, there is no cobra head made for the HX35W. There is an aftermarket version but it is made for a specific turbo line sold by that company. The stock Cummins cobra head is for 4" plumbing which fits the HX40W. You could adapt that one to the HX35W but the adapter length defeats the purpose. There is also one for the Ford 6.7 diesel but that won't fit either.

· Registered
366 Posts
Unfortunately, there is no cobra head made for the HX35W. There is an aftermarket version but it is made for a specific turbo line sold by that company. The stock Cummins cobra head is for 4" plumbing which fits the HX40W. You could adapt that one to the HX35W but the adapter length defeats the purpose. There is also one for the Ford 6.7 diesel but that won't fit either.
Again, I was off topic, not thinking, of an HX35w, my bad...thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts