Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would anyone know any information about a Bosch inline A pump? this came out of a deicer, was attached to a hydraulic pump, and a water pump.

I am really curious if it is load governor style pump.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,618 Posts
would anyone know any information about a Bosch inline A pump? this came out of a deicer, was attached to a hydraulic pump, and a water pump.

I am really curious if it is load governor style pump.
I would say it's a load style governor for constant rpm, not for on road use.

Steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a question about these pumps. Say an industrial/construction engine has a rotary pump and turbo. Could it be used for on road use? I am thinking about the B 3.3T. thanks, -nate-

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,618 Posts
I have a question about these pumps. Say an industrial/construction engine has a rotary pump and turbo. Could it be used for on road use? I am thinking about the B 3.3T. thanks, -nate-
If the "industrial/construction" Diesel was used on say forklift, then it probably would work, If it came from a pump no. Would it be legal, no.
If you haven't read the thread on difference between on road and off road Diesel engines, please do.

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4bt with A pump

I would say it's a load style governor for constant rpm, not for on road use.

Steve
the engine does have a good chance of having this pump. but how can you tell, really for sure?

A document I found about the different inline pumps claims the A pump to put out less KW, but it is rated for 110 hp.

If it is, is there some way of replacing a portion of the injector, or does the whole thing gotta go?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts