Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the spring yesterday and it makes a world of difference when accelerating. Before, the gap between 2 and 3 was not good and between 3 and 4 was terrible (NV4500/4.56 gears/Michelin 11.00R16 tires). Needed the extra rpms before shifting.

Now it drives much better. Oh, and turned the fuel up 1/2 turn.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah! My best friend had to do it to get to Texas in his rig. Its about the same, 4:56's, getrag, 37's. I never knew what it was like without but with it it was pretty responsive. He said the same about the gears, also said that it wouldnt stay in 5th, the gears would over power the motor. Works good now though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my tires are right at 39.5".

On the 5th gear - Prob a problem with the getrag.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I should have elaborated somewhat. I meant that he couldnt run down the road in 5th. He was always having to shift down. With the 3200 spring it gave it just the right amount of top end to stay with traffic. Getrags fine.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Were can i get this spring set up for my 4bt besides cummins?
Any authorized Bosch diesel pump shop. There is someone selling them on ebay now too. They should not cost more than $20. I believe I paid $16-18 or something like that. The spring should have 366 printed on it.

I get the feeling from the above statement that you have the stealership concerns with Cummins. I in no way represent them but will tell you that I find them to be reasonable and in fact cheaper than Chrysler on many, many parts. I do however price nearly everything I have ever bought for a Cummins engine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just installed the spring yesterday and it makes a world of difference when accelerating. Before, the gap between 2 and 3 was not good and between 3 and 4 was terrible (NV4500/4.56 gears/Michelin 11.00R16 tires). Needed the extra rpms before shifting.

Now it drives much better. Oh, and turned the fuel up 1/2 turn.
How's the install? Should I have a pump shop do it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts