Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,300 Posts
Well, that Super 30 sure won't hurt. I suspect most of you heat issue is coming from trying to get the power up using that H1C. It's about as useful as a dead dog lying in the road. After you get it installed you may not need the fuel turned down. Factory boost may peak out around 20 PSI but you can adjust that upward with no problem. Remember with the Super 30 you will need a new oil line setup and larger intake hose. The Super 30 has a 4" air inlet. Also the outlet elbows for that turbo start at 3" and go bigger. It used the same elbows as the HX35W and HX40W. On the exhaust side it will still be the same as the H1C but the turbo is about 1.5" longer because of the wastegate. You'll have to adjust your plumbing for the aftercooler.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, that Super 30 sure won't hurt. I suspect most of you heat issue is coming from trying to get the power up using that H1C. It's about as useful as a dead dog lying in the road. After you get it installed you may not need the fuel turned down. Factory boost may peak out around 20 PSI but you can adjust that upward with no problem. Remember with the Super 30 you will need a new oil line setup and larger intake hose. The Super 30 has a 4" air inlet. Also the outlet elbows for that turbo start at 3" and go bigger. It used the same elbows as the HX35W and HX40W. On the exhaust side it will still be the same as the H1C but the turbo is about 1.5" longer because of the wastegate. You'll have to adjust your plumbing for the aftercooler.
Thank you for the tips ! I figure it’s worth a try to upgrade , since I was gonna do it anyways!! Fingers crossed it makes a difference !!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts