Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,162 Posts
Hey Dutch, looks good & worked fine for me. Quick question, is your heater working very good? Usually one hose is normally hooked into the lower radiator hose outlet and the other one goes to the topside of the engine. :smile:

·
Registered
329 Posts
How well does that after cooler work for you? Can you keep good boost levels with it? I saw your site before this group started up.........looks great. Wish I had kept my 90 wrangler from high school.

Nice job
Austin

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob there are several plugs you can remove from the engine to route the heater line in, one is on the top/front on the other side of the thermostat OPPOSITE the feedline to the heater core. The other is on the side of the block were a "aftercooled" 4bt would have the return line, I used the one on the top. Oh and by the way all my p30 vans have had the return line going directly back into the radiator! As far as the intercooler working and keeping good boost I couldn't tell you yet as I havent made it out the drive way yet!

·
Administrator
4,162 Posts
Ok Dutch,
The last vans I took apart had one heater hose coming off the top of the head just behind the thermostat up to the heater core. The return line from the core then ran directly into the lower radiator outlet just ahead of the suction side of the water pump, sorta like an extended thermostat bypass hose. These were 12 & 15 footers with a single heater core. Just thought I'd run that by you in case your heater output was running on the cool side. :smile:

Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice

Dutch, this is a great piece of work. I've got a 94 YJ that I am debating installing a diesel. I am thinking about the 4BT or maybe even a 5.9l I6. I could use any advice you (or others) have!

thanks,
Mark:jeep2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts