Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on using a 46RH (aka A518) with the 4BT in my Willys Wagon project. We (Scout4BTA and I) have been pondering just how to go about doing this for quite some time. Right now we have a window of opportunity to jump in and get it done. Does anyone have any experience in linking up the linkage of an automatic transmission to a 4BT?

Thanks!
Linda

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I am planning on using a 46RH (aka A518) with the 4BT in my Willys Wagon project. We (Scout4BTA and I) have been pondering just how to go about doing this for quite some time. Right now we have a window of opportunity to jump in and get it done. Does anyone have any experience in linking up the linkage of an automatic transmission to a 4BT?

Thanks!
Linda
Linda, I am not sure what throttle linkage bracket the 4BT's came with but the Dodge truck 6BT throttle linkage and bracket has the provision for the transmission throttle valve adjusting cable or kickdown cable as people call it as well as the cruise control cable. The trans shifting and overall longevity of trans life will require a TV cable bracket and proper adjustement. You may be able to adapt a cable from Lokar, a streetrodder cable and control supplier, they make all sorts of cables. You also may be able to find a used bracket off a Dodge pickup or buy a brand new one from Cummins or Chrysler if they are still available.

There are a couple brackets, one mounted to the block and head, and another mounted to the previous. Throttle bell crank and misc mounted to that then.

1989 6BT Cummins Part Catalog -
Throttle control bracket p/n 3913691
The bracket mounted to that is p/n 3914342
Throttle lever p/n 3916234
Tension Spring - 3914422
Bushing - 3914353 (qty-2)
Throttle Shaft Bushing - 3914354

I am driving a Dodge truck with the 727 3spd/3.07 axle ratio and I will tell you that the 4spd automatic OD is a must, OD with lockup converter would be even better IMO. I have a 518 or 46RH sitting here in parts gathering mode, it will be followed by a 47RH with lockup eventually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what kind of transmission should i put in a first gen. ford bronco, i want to put in a 4BT with a custom roller cam, pistons, holley 150 gph fuel pump, itll be fire-ringed and machined for 14mm ARP studs to handle some serious boost pressure and the camshaft and engine will be rebuilt and balanced and the main bearing saddles and caps to be line-bored, im gonna try and get something like 500HP and upper 700 ft-lbs so does anyone have any automatic transmission suggestions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts