Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
Thought I would share my compound Rodeo
Isuzu 4Jb1t 2.8L
Turbos: td04L-15 for high pressure
Garrett gt2871r for atmospheric
Running around 34psi total. Turbo sizing is not perfect, but what I had available.
12mm ve pump
Cam regrind, lower compression ratio,
Head porting, ceramic coating
Water/meth injection
currently producing 210hp and 500nm
Waiting for some larger injectors for more fuel to make the most of the pump upgrade and compounds. Only had one run with the current setup on the drag strip, @14.7

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you getting the injectors from? Would 4jh1 injectors work?
The later ones would allow a little more fuel but I have an earlier 4jb1 with square piston bowels. So anything other than a 4hole nozzle won’t work. Most the later injectors run a 5 or 6 hole nozzle so only suited to round bowel pistons. The injectors I am getting done are 4hole getting modified for around +30%

·
Registered
134 Posts
The later ones would allow a little more fuel but I have an earlier 4jb1 with square piston bowels. So anything other than a 4hole nozzle won’t work. Most the later injectors run a 5 or 6 hole nozzle so only suited to round bowel pistons. The injectors I am getting done are 4hole getting modified for around +30%
Very nice, quality work for sure. Is it your daily driver?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What caused the input shaft to break? I thought those gearboxes were quite strong.

Are you still running the 240mm clutch? The 4jg2 and 4jh1 had 250mm

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What caused the input shaft to break? I thought those gearboxes were quite strong.

Are you still running the 240mm clutch? The 4jg2 and 4jh1 had 250mm
The gearboxes are pretty strong, but the input shaft is the weak point.
Clutch is standard diameter, cushioned ceramic with double diaphragm spring. Had a heavy duty organic, cushioned ceramic, ceramic 5 puck clutch, before that and none would hold. Have over 2000kg clamp force now so input shaft was the next weakest link.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice build, I haven't seen anyone run exhaust over the top like that before.

How does it run for noise, heat and fuel economy as a daily?
Routing it like that made it easier to make the turbos modular. I can remove either turbo with the other one still in place. Noise is not too bad, I have a small resonator in the 3inch exhaust, get a lot of turbo noise but the engine noise is pretty quiet. Runs about 8L-100km on the highway. Normally 9-10L-100km flogging it around town. Never been able to get it hot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts