Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been covered somewhere before, but I am looking for any info on making the 4jh1-t go better.

At the moment I have done a chip, boost increase to 17psi, water/meth injection, blocked egr and 3inch exhaust, I have a cold air intake waiting for me to install aswell.

The main things I want to know is, is there a turbo upgrade, bigger injectors and or a strait swap mechanical pump that will work better than the chip?
But any other mods that have been successful would be great.

cheers
Jay

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been covered somewhere before, but I am looking for any info on making the 4jh1-t go better.

At the moment I have done a chip, boost increase to 17psi, water/meth injection, blocked egr and 3inch exhaust, I have a cold air intake waiting for me to install aswell.

The main things I want to know is, is there a turbo upgrade, bigger injectors and or a strait swap mechanical pump that will work better than the chip?
But any other mods that have been successful would be great.

cheers
Jay
ECU remaps be done, +30 and +50 injectors are available now, so can get up to 140hp on the VP44 pump.
Stock they are around 65hp at the wheels, chips usually get around 80hp. Chip and +50 around 120hp, up around 140hp with a good ECU remap and +50s and a bit more boost. Then there is the option to mechanical pump swap to a VE pump, and go a lot further.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts