Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if anyone has ran a 4K spring kit and what your experiences with it are, what are the vibes like whats the power like. I appreciate you need the 60lb valve springs.

Gaza

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I have them in my truck ,I installed them when I changed the cam when the conversion was done back in late 2000.
The springs I didn't change them they say you need to but for the few times I have it close to that high of rpm I run out of gear and boost for my turbo WH1C (37 psi ).
I don't plan on changing them unless I do more upgrades to the engine.The engine runs just like it does @ 2000 rpm I can't tell the difference.If I was to run at the higher end of the rpm than I would change them .

Ask tndonor he loves the truck and the power it has and always ask now what be done your engine everytime he rides in it.

Scott

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Scott, have you ever had any experience of one in a 4BT? or anyone else had experience. I will definitely be doing my 6bt but wondering about 4BTs and how well the 4 banger revs to 4K. Scott don't you have a nice cam in your 6BT?

Gaza

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Thanks for the reply Scott, have you ever had any experience of one in a 4BT? or anyone else had experience. I will definitely be doing my 6bt but wondering about 4BTs and how well the 4 banger revs to 4K. Scott don't you have a nice cam in your 6BT?

Gaza
no not as yet ,i might do it to Austin's engine.Yep ,I have a cam wife bought it .
Scott

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Scott!!!

no not as yet ,i might do it to Austin's engine.Yep ,I have a cam wife bought it .
Scott
KEEP WIFE, KEEP WIFE, I REPEAT, KEEP WIFE!

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
KEEP WIFE, KEEP WIFE, I REPEAT, KEEP WIFE!
If you could see the shop she's letting him build at the house you'd be asking if she has any unmarried sisters..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts