Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy out there everone!

Well I picked up a little 4LE Isuzu engine the other day with the hopes of going into a 90 Ford Ranger. It is only rated at 52.3 HP IDI and No Turbo. 2.2L (133 C.I.) It probably came of a fork lift of some sort as it has a SAE #5 bellhousing.
My hope is to tear it down and see if I can install new lower comp pistons and then reassemble it again. I have a turbo off a 2.3 ford engine that looks like it could adapt quite well. My hope is to get near the 90-100 HP out of this thing. ;)
Larry

·
Super Moderator
8,815 Posts
If it helps you, the old C223T which the 4LE replaced had a garrett T2 turbo with a 0.64 A/R exhaust housing.

Nissan used a T2 with a 0.36 A/R exhaust housing on their CD20T. A T25 if that's what you have will be too big and will only boost above maybe 3k rpm. But they're interchangable with a T2, so I'd go ahead and fit it if you have it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4le1

Well I pulled the isuzu out of its crate today and set it up on the work bench!!!

It has a #3 bellhousing i think!

it probably came out of a forklift!! i'm going to make an adapter to a toy tranny or if not an Isuzu tranny!

22 to 1 compression and NO turbo!!

Any ideas out there on this engine??

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts