Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys,
I know you guys have read this over and over again and the same questions. I've tried to find my the answers to my question but have been unsuccessful.
1. I have a zf5 small block ford bell-housing that I would like to put behind the 4bt. I have been looking for an adapter but can't get I one. I'll also need a flywheel too.
2. If need be, would it be easier to get a Zf5 with a 7.3 bell-housing to fit in the tunnel of my ranger?
Thanks for everything

·
Registered
12,074 Posts
The SB Ford adapter is fairly common. Might post an ad in the wanted section or check ebay and craig's list. The 7.3 transmission may require mods to the tunnel area for the larger bellhousing and external slave cylinder. Also the adapter and associated parts will cost $1600+.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a zf5 small block ford bell-housing that I would like to put behind the 4bt. I have been looking for an adapter but can't get I one. I'll also need a flywheel too.
From time to time, there are 4BT SBF tranny adapters for sale in the classifieds section of this website.

Destroked also makes them : http://www.destroked.com/prod_adapters.php

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
12,074 Posts
Yes, and for that you can have that entire SB Ford kit on ebay. When you use the words custom and billet together it usually translates expensive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
how would the engine run on the road, would the equipment motor have a load governed pump? I have heard of them driving a little weird

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went through the injection pump and motor, everything checks out. I have just gotten everything mounted but not plumbed. I have an idea to sump the plastic tank from the bottom with the universal BD sump kit but I don't know if the diaphragm style lift pump on the motor can do it. Any ideas? Also thank you for the help guys it's coming along very nicely after finding all the mating parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts