Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a tech article that the piston lift pump for the 5.9 P7100 application needs a 5/8" fuel line from tank in applications running up to 2.5k rpm to keep the flow rate at around 2 feet per second for max lift pump efficiency.

I'd like feed back on this topic.

·
Selling 4bt & 6bt parts to all of N.America
418 Posts
What # lift pump are we talking about & what tech article because something is off there? 1/2" is way more than plenty for 2500rpm.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Selling 4bt & 6bt parts to all of N.America
418 Posts
Take that with a grain of salt. TORK is just a regular company so not really a tech article. Many have problems with their overflow valves.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take that with a grain of salt. TORK is just a regular company so not really a tech article. Many have problems with their overflow valves.
Good to know Thanks!

·
Registered
11,505 Posts
I believe I had read a few years back that 5/8" was the optimum size line, but that was referencing a very high performance level. That was probably also on a modified P pump. You also see dual pump input lines when you get into that upper region.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe I had read a few years back that 5/8" was the optimum size line, but that was referencing a very high performance level. That was probably also on a modified P pump. You also see dual pump input lines when you get into that upper region.
What I took from the article "was that the lift pumps efficiency fell off dramatically as rpm climbed based upon the Ram Cummins 3/8" fuel feed lines and quick connect fittings. I didn't see any reference to high performance in his evaluation of different fuel feed line diameters to lift pump efficiency however; there is mention of length of line run but no in-depth info on that aspect.

I'm wondering what is the difference in fueling between the 6bt and 6ct p7100 lift pumps information on the web appears to be all over the place too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts