Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to start off the new year and the New Shop for TDC .The run down spec.4bta water aftercool ,Nv4500 ,gauges,disc brakes all 4 wheels ,hydoboost P/S more to come here are a few pics to look at .

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
That is one of the coolest conversions I've seen! Something about PW's just seem right with the Cummins in it.

It would be great to see video of this rig posted someplace.

Congratulations!:beer: :beer: :beer:

George

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
A Mopar, and a FFPW to boot!??? There's hope for you afterall Scott, and I take back all the rotten things I said about you.

Hey, wait 'til Paul in NY sees that, he'll LOVE IT! I do!! He's done several Cummins swaps into Dodge Power Wagons of that vintage. Looks like a great project!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will post up some video when the conversion is done , right now it's almost all stock.

Scott

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A Mopar, and a FFPW to boot!??? There's hope for you afterall Scott, and I take back all the rotten things I said about you.

Hey, wait 'til Paul in NY sees that, he'll LOVE IT! I do!! He's done several Cummins swaps into Dodge Power Wagons of that vintage. Looks like a great project!
Paul has already seen some pics ,I just thought we might have a PW build off.

To bad this PW isn't mine and when the conversion is done it will be hard to
return it to the owner.

Scott

·
Registered
808 Posts
Paul has already seen some pics ,I just thought we might have a PW build off.

To bad this PW isn't mine and when the conversion is done it will be hard to
return it to the owner.

Scott
Geeze Scott, no build off ! I am one of them there Ole Geezers here breathing valuable air. I have to go slow to remember which way the engine mounts. I think its fan to the rear to give a pusher effect ? ha ha ha

My Bumble is now in the Cummins line up. Presently converting differentials to 4.89 ring and pinions and ARB Air Lockers, then front suspension, then if I can remember which way, set the 4BTA.

Power Wagon/Cummins Fever is not curable, there is not hope LOL

Geezer

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dig it, I've got a weakness for the old Power Wagons, I've wanted one every since I was a little kid. I'll be following along...

One of the guys in the LEBC, is doing a 4BT into his M37 to use it as a tow rig for his Bronco.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Ok... I know where I'm going this weekend.. :D

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Tickets are $29.95 for 1 day ,$39.95 for 2 days . and must be 48'' high !:D

Scott
Now, if that includes use of shop, that's what we'd call a bargain! :D

So, now that you've got a climate controlled place to work, does this mean Austin's Jeep will never need work again?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Shop

I wouldn`t know how to act if I had a shop like THAT! neet shop AND Power wagon.bounce

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now, if that includes use of shop, that's what we'd call a bargain!* :DSo, now that you've got a climate controlled place to work, does this mean Austin's Jeep will never need work again?
Your talking about Austin here ,Jeeps always need work don't they ????

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Your talking about Austin here ,Jeeps always need work don't they ????
Especially when you about rip the wheel centers out with all that torque.. :dustin:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I guess I had better chime in and defend my rigs honor.

The rear end was stripped out due to the stress fractures caused by the gobs of power from the 6.2 that was in there.

The PW is a neat rig. I was there when Scott was removing the hubs for machining. There will be much more to come on this.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts