Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need to have to make a 6.2 run. I'm going to delete the EGR with a non- EGR intake manifold. What else can I ditch?

This is a non-computer version. It has 100K miles.

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Power to energize the alternator, power to the shutdown solenoid (or a cable to the shutdown lever), power to the starter, and of course grounds.

This being the standard list for a mechanical diesel.

As far as specific to the 6.2 and what you can run without that is a different animal and someone with more experience with these will have to weigh in on those particulars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I removed the egr crap. I put a freeze plug into the intake manifold and removed all the vacuum crap.

I wired the glowplugs to a ford starter solenoid. I'm going to wire in a timer relay for the glowplugs solenoid. That way when you turn on the ignition it'll just turn off after 10 seconds and you won't need to worry about it.

The start is wired to the ignition switch like stock.

The shut off solenoid and the cold start idle up are also wired to a positive wire from the ignition.

I also wired a positive from the ignition to the alternator. I'm using a Land Rover alternator which is close to the same size as a Chevy alternator.

That's all it needs.

I also added in an electric lift fuel pump. It's run with a power supply switch from the ignition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts