Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this a direct swap ? assuming chev pattern flywheel housing and relevant flywheel.

·
Registered
500 Posts
You could say that. Motor mounts would be your biggest issue I'd think if you're talking about a factory 6.2L Chevy/GMC Application.

One thing I'm going to run into since I'm running a chevy setup in my jeep is the exhaust and front driveshaft clearances.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am talking about the bellhousing side of things. mounts will need to be made of course. the reason i ask is that i would like to put one in my f100, and i can buy a chev to t18 bellhousing.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was under the assumption that the chevy 4bt's with manuals had a muncie SM465 and not a T18. Whether the bellhousing is the same I know not, look around on the site. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about manuals. From what I've read most manuals here use the dodge bellhousing(because of availability) & NV4500 trannies.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, chev stuff didn't come with a t-18. it is an aftermarket housing. what i am asking, and had a bit of a look about for, is whether a 4bt with chev adapter and relevant flywheel will go on where a 6.2 was meant to go. people talk on here about replacing 6.2's with 4bt's. i want toknow if they bolt up. engine mounts aside.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, If you have a 73-87 c p chassie, it is a direct bolt in in place of any gm engine. That is if you use the P chassie motor mounts. If you do a K chassie, You will need to make you own mounts. I did a 86 6.2 K20 to 4BTA a few years back. Used the stock th400 in the stock location. I modified the p 2wd mounts to work in the 4x4 frame. Other then that, it was easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts