Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill have pics up here quickly, I just got the idea traded around to get the Cummins and did the job took 4 nights. So I didnt really have time to start a build up on here. I used the Dodge radiator, intercooler, trans cooler only grill mounted one, 47rh, dodge slip yoke welded to gm shaft. I think I could do the entire swap in 2 days now. It runs like a striped a$$ ape, the thing makes over 40lbs boost with waste gate closed, only did that once dont think the 47rh will hold it lol. But it still will make 30 with gate open. Its SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more awesome than the 454 was mileage in the 20s slam your butt in the seat torque love it the best thing Ive ever done with a vehicle. Now I need a SAE bellhousing and a big standard and it shall be complete uh close lol. On 40lbs boost it shifted from 2nd to 3rd and hopped up in the back like a pro stock car doing a burn out then promptly slammed us forward as it hit the factory wo back in the pump lol. It was quite violent my cousin was in passenger seat who owns a 98 cummins and a 4 second 1/8th mile car and we were both like holy &%$ that was crazy I stopped and took the vicegrips off the waste gate. Ive got the plate out and the wheel almost all the way up but Ive never seen one make that kind of boost. The doner was a 94 reg cab dually anyone know if this is common to make this kind of boost with stock turbo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't answer your Q bout the turbo but want to encourage you to post pics of the swap. Just can't get enough of Cummins in Chevy's/GMs.

Dave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts