Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you need, I have one out on the ground.

Ed in CO
Looking for the hole size and center to center measurements for the 4 hole mid mount engine mounts . Also need center of mount to front of block and center of mount to rear of block

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Michael,

I should be able to get those dimensions tomorrow if it doesn’t snow. Both sides of the engine have two rows of several holes equally spaced apart, three are used for 6 cyl mount and others used for 4 cyl mounting location. I presume you are going to use factory Dodge mounts? The dimensions I will get you are probably not good enough to make mounts from.

Ed in CO.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Michael, here you go: All dims in inches say otherwise.
Port side, from rear of block, to aft engine mount bolt 10”, engine mount bolt pattern 4 11/16” typ. horizontal apart. , 2.375” typ. vertical, both sides. Bottom engine mount bolt to pan rail, 3.625” typ. both sides.
, to aft engine mount 11.125”. Front of engine mount to block front 14.250”, typ. both sides. Mount is 4.035” thick.
Mount bolts are 12mm, look like 1.5 pitch, I do not have a thread gauge.

Dodge engine mount receptacles 20.250” wide, engine sitting in the middle.

This should set you up. Kind of hard to get exact measurements because of wires, hoses, accessories. If you need exact, go to Cummins.

Ed in CO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michael, here you go: All dims in inches say otherwise.
Port side, from rear of block, to aft engine mount bolt 10”, engine mount bolt pattern 4 11/16” typ. horizontal apart. , 2.375” typ. vertical, both sides. Bottom engine mount bolt to pan rail, 3.625” typ. both sides.
, to aft engine mount 11.125”. Front of engine mount to block front 14.250”, typ. both sides. Mount is 4.035” thick.
Mount bolts are 12mm, look like 1.5 pitch, I do not have a thread gauge.

Dodge engine mount receptacles 20.250” wide, engine sitting in the middle.

This should set you up. Kind of hard to get exact measurements because of wires, hoses, accessories. If you need exact, go to Cummins.

Ed in CO
Thank you very much , this is what I’ve needed .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts