Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've been spending lot's of time and seem to be getting nowhere in finding 6bt lift pump numbers and specs then there are so-called high performance versions of the same pumps one was claimed to be suitable for a 750 HP build and again no specs so I'm seeking input and an education on these pumps.

My build is aimed at 380-425 rear wheel HP and would like to make an "informed decision" on which mechanical pump to use.

Thanks in advance.

·
Selling 4bt & 6bt parts to all of N.America
418 Posts
Your not going to get numbers or spec's of a modified performance lift pump. Period. Some people spend good money & work hard to modify, test, & re-test to come up with something better than stock.
Myself & only one other company (they sell same for much more than I do) offer a modified 30mm HVHP mechanical lift pump. Most stock piston pumps are 26mm & put out less fuel & pressure. Yes, we make claims of 700+hp because we have made that amount of power on a dyno with just this modified piston lift pump suppling the fuel. I personally have been running mine for years now. No problems, no issues.
https://shop.dieseltuff.com/Cummins-High-Volume-High-Pressure-6BT-Lift-Pump-for-P7100-HVHP-6bt-fuel-transfer-pump.htm

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Best I can make out is the HVHP lift pump at 100% VE will be around 2.3 gallons/8752cc at 2600 engine rpm, the standard volume around 1.73 gals/6573cc.

My 160 HP VE is rated at 577 cc at 2600 engine rpm.
Think either of the piston pumps will cover your need.

·
Selling 4bt & 6bt parts to all of N.America
418 Posts
And it's not just volume but also more pressure & fills faster & supplies faster !!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your not going to get numbers or spec's of a modified performance lift pump. Period. Some people spend good money & work hard to modify, test, & re-test to come up with something better than stock.
Myself & only one other company (they sell same for much more than I do) offer a modified 30mm HVHP mechanical lift pump. Most stock piston pumps are 26mm & put out less fuel & pressure. Yes, we make claims of 700+hp because we have made that amount of power on a dyno with just this modified piston lift pump suppling the fuel. I personally have been running mine for years now. No problems, no issues.
https://shop.dieseltuff.com/Cummins-High-Volume-High-Pressure-6BT-Lift-Pump-for-P7100-HVHP-6bt-fuel-transfer-pump.htm
Thanks, at least I know where to buy one now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts