Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a 91f150 lookin to swap my 302 for the 6bt. so does anyone have any info on good ways to do that and which combo of transmission, transfer case, and gears that would be good as a daily driver but still be able to pull if i needed to? i plan to switch to 3/4 ton at some point in the build but mainly worried bout gittin the engine and trans in. oh and pics of mounts would be great so i can git some ideas. thanks.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Search button...........

(PS: You will find results that answer your questions... I did in under 3 minutes)

I'm against the idea of a 6BT in a F150 by the way.... the truck won't support the weight nor hold up to the torque... but all that can be found in the search results too....

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
hey i got a 91f150 lookin to swap my 302 for the 6bt. so does anyone have any info on good ways to do that and which combo of transmission, transfer case, and gears that would be good as a daily driver but still be able to pull if i needed to? i plan to switch to 3/4 ton at some point in the build but mainly worried bout gittin the engine and trans in. oh and pics of mounts would be great so i can git some ideas. thanks.
Asking the same basic question over and over is......well...........use the search button,and did you ever look through 93_4bt PICTURE BUILD??? There are so many pictures to look at,but be aware these are real pictures,and not comics,or cartoons.....so do yourself a favor,and use the search,and read the tech stickies at the top of each forum:idea:bounce

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea ive dun the search and all i find is people doin 4bt's well i want the 6bt. i talked to a guy wolfy bout him doin his alittle and hes goin to send some pics but i would like to git other info from ppl who dun the 6bt swaps in the year range of 87-91 on a f150. so if you dont have useful info plz dont bother. any info bout that swap will be useful if you werent sure what was.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
yea ive dun the search and all i find is people doin 4bt's well i want the 6bt. i talked to a guy wolfy bout him doin his alittle and hes goin to send some pics but i would like to git other info from ppl who dun the 6bt swaps in the year range of 87-91 on a f150. so if you dont have useful info plz dont bother. any info bout that swap will be useful if you werent sure what was.
Why don't you just contact Ford Cummins,or look at their website...this is a 4bt site so the majority of swaps are the 4bt.....that's a real no brainer:rasta::eek:bouncebounce

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but this is a 6bt forum. just cuz the site says 4bt im sure theres people out there that has ideas that would help with this swap.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Search button...........

(PS: You will find results that answer your questions... I did in under 3 minutes)

I'm against the idea of a 6BT in a F150 by the way.... the truck won't support the weight nor hold up to the torque... but all that can be found in the search results too....
What he said.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dude im dun with this thread anyways i foundmost of my info and found a guy that did the swap so shut up. you dont realize you can make anything handle anything as long as you got a idea and brave enough to tempt it

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
dude im dun with this thread anyways i foundmost of my info and found a guy that did the swap so shut up. you dont realize you can make anything handle anything as long as you got a idea and brave enough to tempt it
I look forward to your 'dude my sh*t broke in half' thread!

Anywhoo.... good luck with 'guy who did the swap' for the one guy another 20 have done it and realized what a complete waste of time it was........

Just a word of advice next time.... drop the ego and listen to the two guys who originally attempted to give you advice (both of which have near or above 1,000 posts and 3+ years of membership)

But hey... what do they know.......

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Merry Christmas to you!!! Did you contact Fordcummins about their kit??? Did you guy tell you the best way was for you to put the 6bt on a pallet in the bed??? Fordcummins also sells an install book,with PICTURES in it,so that may help you......and,I have two Cummins 6's,,,one pushing about 400hp,the other at about 300hp,and I have a p pumped 4bt Jeep project,and several other diesels........;):D By the way,you were the one asking the same thing over and over,and not accepting any kind of answer,especially in regards to safety concerns.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry guys no excuse i was tryin to act like i know what i was doin but really got no idea. i know my truck tho and during the build at all if i dont think its safe ill fix whatever it is. im careful cuz i dont wanna hurt my truck and anyone in it. yes i contacted fordcummins and goin to git the install book just in case. and i got a buddy lined up to do any weldin i need. and when it comes to hp all i want is between 250-300.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts