Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think the guy in the comments is right that has got to be a 4bt.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
No it's a 5.9 , they cut into the fire wall the last two cylinders are inside the dash.They also had to cut the floor sections for the starter and turbo,elbow,and exhaust.

The used a frame for the dodge truck as well and cut a section out of the frame to fit the wheel base of the jeep.

·
Registered
4 Posts
there was a write-up in petersons 4wd mag this month. they shortened the dodge 1 ton frame. moved the engine to the rear a bit. cut the body tub to death to fit it. i think they also had to modify the downpipe. oh and they retained the whole 1 ton suspension front and rear. the only swap they really did was swap the jk body onto the shortened frame. kind neat i guess, but man what a ton of work.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Where there's a will, and a fat wallet, there's a way.....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sure hop they dont have to service the rear cyls. Or change fuel filters, etc. Oh wait..... they dont, they pay peple to do that stuff.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Isn't the engine in that Jeep a newer Cummins and not a 6BT? Aren't the Cummins in the Dodges called something like ISB now? Or is that engine in the Jeep a 24 valve vs the 12 valve? It just doesn't look like B series' individual rocker covers to me, but I'm no Cummins expert by any stretch.

Ken

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oh, I guess I should have read some more on it. I just can't figure why someone with that many resources would do something pointless like that. Instead I had hoped that they had built one of my many dream rigs, 07 JK, 4door, rubicon, 3.9 ISB, medium lift, 36s...........:) Great fuel economy and comfort to haul my girls back and forth to school, to the grocery store, down the rubicon etc.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts