Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the injection pumps used on the Mitsubishi 6DR5's that were used in the 78-79 Dodge trucks? I recently picked one up and while it runs good it has a overly sensitive idling problem when its warmed up, Idles perfect cold. With no load on the engine warm it will idle around 1500 rpm's. Putting the transmission in gear (automatic) puts enough load on it to make it idle about 650-700. It has hydroboost brakes and even pushing down firmly on the brake pedal settles it down quite a bit. From what ive read most if not all Bosch style inline pumps have a "idle bumper spring" adjustment that deals with these kind of issues. The pump on this engine is made by Nippondenso but from what ive read it is a copy of a Bosch "A" model inline pump, the part number is ND-PES6A65B320RND104. There are a few adjustment points on the governor section of the pump and I'd just love to figure if this pump has that adjustment and what its location is. I also read that there is another part number on the governor section itself and am going to try and find that number this weekend. If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Governors on these engines are what make them idle all out of wack. I have 4 of these engines myself. I have never attempted to mess with the pump adjustments myself, been wanting to take it to my local Diesel shop and see if they can make it better. The automatic also doesnt help the idle. All mine are 4 speeds now and ive got the idles set around 600-700 and they idle nicely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts