Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find a price for an early 90's model
diesel 7.3 powerstroke 5 speed transmission. Would anyone know what a price range on that?

Thank You,
dodge hero

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Just as an fyi the Powerstroke didn't come out until 1994.5 model year, so there isn't an early 90's powerstroke trans.
In about 1987 Ford introduced the ZF 5 speed transmission in the F250-F450 trucks. It was used in both diesel and gas engines. In 1996 the trans synchros and case were redesigned for more positive shifts and strength. Hopefully that can help you decide what trans you need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thats fine. Where what would be the price for an "early" model powerstroke diesel 5 speed manual? Is there another website or forum that i could find this info at? I searched ebay and could find nothing. Every other search on google only included the transmission with the price of the truck.

CORRECTION: I was informed wrong.. What i'm looking for is not a turbo

It's actually a (5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION) That was mounted to a 1993 non-turbo Diesel motor. What would be a price on this 5 speed manual transmission?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
No problem, the model number you want is a ZF S542 trans. This is the pre 1996 version. Maybe try searching for that model number. I have seen them go from $400- $1000.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats fine. Where what would be the price for an "early" model powerstroke diesel 5 speed manual? Is there another website or forum that i could find this info at? I searched ebay and could find nothing. Every other search on google only included the transmission with the price of the truck.

CORRECTION: I was informed wrong.. What i'm looking for is not a turbo

It's actually a (5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION) That was mounted to a 1993 non-turbo Diesel motor. What would be a price on this 5 speed manual transmission?
If you still need one of these transmissions - I have one in Katy, TX - just outside of Houston. PM me if interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts