Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '80 K10, 8" lift, 35's, D60/14BFF w/4.11's, and SM465 that I'm about knee deep in swapping a '96 6.5 into.
I got a new southbend flywheel, clutch and PP in the mail, along with a 4911 IP.

I'm pretty sure the swap will go smoothly, but I have two main questions:

1) is there any way to use the factory 6.5 drivers side exhaust manifold, or do I have to use one from a 6.2 to clear the clutch linkage?

2) the southbend flywheel was listed as having 143 teeth, and the stock GM stuff is said to have 139 teeth. Do I need a different starter?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, motors in, had to use a 6.2 drivers manifold, and the flywheel worked fine.
I put a HY35 on it, and built a 2.75" crossover pipe and 4" down pipe to 5" exhaust. I have the twin t-stat housing, and had to build a custom throttle bracket, and I got the 130gpm water pump. Runs pretty good, I have a few bugs to work out, all minor stuff, then when the roads clear up I'm going to crank up the fuel, and I'm contemplating building a better flowing upper intake too. And water injection.... The mods never stop. Lol
It's fun to drive as is, but the torque will get me sideways even doing 60+ on the highway in 4wd. Not on pavement of course, but on the snowy/icy roads, it's a handful.

·
Registered
784 Posts
We need a video!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts