Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
73-87 4wd Chevrolet truck Cummins 6BT motor mounting plates with removable crossmember and GR 8 hardware.

These are designed to work with 94-98 2nd generation Dodge motor mounts and isolators, Take all of the guess work out of where to place your motor. Factory dodge clutch fan will work with the factory radiator, with plenty of clearance at the firewall. THESE ARE NOT BOLT IN, they REQUIRE WELDING, and other additional fabwork to see full strength. I would suggest running at least a 2.5" lift, though it will fit with no lift; either way bump stops need to be lowered 2".

Also available unwelded for $300

Motor mounted in frame, with optional belly pan skidplate mount

"mini" frame boxing set also available, boxes the frame roughly 6" to either side of the motor mounts

Build thread where I designed the mounts, and a lot more pics!
http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?16156-1988-Chevy-Blazer-K5-Cummins-6bt&highlight=

They use the 2nd gen 12 valve (94-98) motor mounts and isolators.
Drivers side

pass side

Rob Bonney Fabrication, LLC
[email protected]
602 370 7955

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Frame plating kits are also now available for limited models. FAB WORK IS REQUIRED! They are designed to box frame from steering box, to front spring shackle hanger. The existing crossmember must be removed, and a rec tube crossmember placed in the frame.

$350 for front kit, steering box to shackle. Includes machined sleeves for steering box and gr 8 hardware

Front set, up to shackles, all models

front set with 1 ton frame transistion

[/QUOTE]

Blazer frame set, steering box to rear spring hanger--$500

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a frame boxing kit for a GM 93 K3500 CC ?? I would love to box the entire frame during my frame off build...
Sorry, but I dont have any drawing for that plate set. I can build you a custom set based off of your drawings and templates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, but I dont have any drawing for that plate set. I can build you a custom set based off of your drawings and templates.
Good, it will be about 3 months when I start a frame off on the truck, I will get in touch and then you will have a drawing..

What thickness material are you using in the pics??

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good, it will be about 3 months when I start a frame off on the truck, I will get in touch and then you will have a drawing..

What thickness material are you using in the pics??
The frame boxing sets are 11 ga cold roll, .120 thickness

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Rob that blazer is an awesome build as is the rest of your stuff you've posted on. Just wondering though if those boxing plates are available for both C30 & K30 models. My understanding the frame widths are different.

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Rob that blazer is an awesome build as is the rest of your stuff you've posted on. Just wondering though if those boxing plates are available for both C30 & K30 models. My understanding the frame widths are different.
Thanks! The K30s are taller under the cab section, the frames are essentially the same (besides thickness) from the shackle fwd. You can see in this pic the transition to the taller frame channel under the cab for the 1 tons. I do not have a complete set yet for the trucks, but am working with customers slowly to get the rest of the pieces finalized...

As far as the 2wd trucks go....I have no idea.

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A few more pieces built per order...

Blazer/ truck dual battery tray, fits oddessy batteries (sears platinum)

UMP air filter housing with Donaldson filter

Mounting bracket for air filter

Midmount AC alternator brackets that work with Dodge water outlets

·
Registered
8 Posts
....making a list, checking it twice! lmao

Will be shooting you an email tonight Rob...should have had it off to you this morning..sorry.

R.Brown

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice work. Do you have any pics of your AC setup mounted?

Would you care to share the bolt center line dimension between the two engine mounts when assembled with your crossmember?

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Frame plating kits are also now available for limited models. FAB WORK IS REQUIRED! They are designed to box frame from steering box, to front spring shackle hanger. The existing crossmember must be removed, and a rec tube crossmember placed in the frame.

$350 for front kit, steering box to shackle. Includes machined sleeves for steering box and gr 8 hardware

Front set, up to shackles, all models

front set with 1 ton frame transistion

Blazer frame set, steering box to rear spring hanger--$500
[/QUOTE]

Pricing on these items have unfortunately gone up, due to material costs and adding plates to the kit to extend past trans crossmember. The good news I am going to offer discounted pricing to 4BTSwaps members!

The Blazer kits retail price $575---4BT pricing $500!

k10/k20 to trans kit retail price $475---4BT pricing $400

k30 to trans kit retail price $475---4BT pricing $400

1 - 16 of 16 Posts