Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:idea: i finnally found a donor to put 4 bta in just a few quick ?s ok truck is 75 gmc 1 ton 11 ft pto dump flat bed.. now has 350 4spd thats very tired . i want to put 4 bta with 200 hp about how much tq would that get me? it will only be hauling about 2000lbs in bed once in awhile and maybe a 18 ft trailer with 1500 very seldom . this truck will be used in my property management biz.it will see 150000mile a year so looking for reliable engine trans that gets good mileage:D would this be a good canadate for 4bta conversion ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, that's pretty similar to my '81 GMC 3500 dually PTO dump that I want to do a conversion on. Mine is really tired too but I don't use it enough to justify buying a new one. I'm expecting the swap will cost about $6K with me doing the work - am I ok with this figure?

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah thats a ton of miles but a good motor for the swap

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:( :eek: i know that sounds like alot of miles but doing foreclosure property in il/mo puts miles on quick
any certain 4bta thats better than another? p-pump or ve whats better ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
A p-pumped 4bta would be best but a VE pump will do everything you need it too. I run a VE pump and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bounce well vehicle has changed just bought a 77 f250 flatbed 460 auto new paint and 4x4 a much nicer truck will post pics this week....found a place that buys step vans and strips them to sell parts will be calling me when a good p pump 4bta shows up whats a fair price for complete motor?whats the best trans? thinking of adding a gear vendors od unit to help my mpg so may want auto of some sort would have to bolt to transfer case. thanks for all the valuable info. does anyone know who sells mounts for this swap???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts