Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1987 Bronco Eddie Bower edition from New Mexico and powered by a all stock 4BTA(aftercooled) Cummins B series diesel engine. The conversion was done for the owner of a Cummins Dealership using a rebuilt engine. It has a NV4500 5spd overdrive transmission. No rust except small bubble on tailgate shown in picture (could be rust or repair from backing into a trailer hitch?). The cruise control and air conditioning work as stock. Has power windows, brakes and door locks (driver side doesn't lock electrically). Cloth EB seats with no rips. Later model rear cap with cloth interior (original still available). Has a 3" lift kit and 16" tires on aluminum wheels including spare. Winch bumper but no winch. Have the original back seat in good condition. Coated with fluid film to preserve it. The hour-meter installed with the diesel indicates 2636 hours, in miles that is 105000 (on the conversion). The price is $11,500 or best offer. I have way more than that into it. The wife wants an auto trans so testing the waters so to speak on what I can buy for the money. Would consider trades (up or down) for vehicles with 12 valve Cummins and auto trans, but no rust buckets. Would need it close to the condition that this is in. Would drive this anywhere, to CA at the drop of a hat! This conversion was done in the late 90s when the Bronco was relatively new, I have put 20,000 miles on it since I have owned it. I have an original 302 engine in a 92 parts bronco if the buyer wants it.
Notes: I have owned it for 7 years and have driven it all over. It moves the 5,000 lb Bronco along well. It gets great fuel mileage in the mid 20s. It will cruise at 85 mph and go faster if you need to. It has an electric brake controller and would make a good towing vehicle.
It needs some minor cosmetic repairs if you want it perfect, but mechanically it is excellent and ready to go. You won't have to put in big money on anything unless you want to. Not even due for a oil change. In regular use on weekends. What kind of diesel SUV can you buy for this money? Adult owned, never used off road or in snow. Located in Connecticut.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts