·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Cool, I love Cummins powered Fords..

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the ford is done and going back to it's owner,looking to start the next project.

Thanks
CrewCab59

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man you just keep knocking them out kinda like an assembly line. wish i had some of that knowledge when its my turn.
Well,after you do 12 or so conversion,and working around the Cummins engine things just flow.

I will say , I will let everyone catch up a bit ,the assembly line will be down until late Aug .I'm building the shop here at the house .The next conversion will be the 81 Toyota .

Thanks
Crewcab59

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hope this will not cause any trouble, but I was wondering how much a conversion like the Ford that you did cost the owner. Thanks

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
81 toyota what? i've got a 94 4runner I thought about putting a 4bt in, just not sure if the suspension can handle the weight. its 2wd, which is a 4wd without the front diff and axles. whatcha thinki?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
81 toyota what? i've got a 94 4runner I thought about putting a 4bt in, just not sure if the suspension can handle the weight. its 2wd, which is a 4wd without the front diff and axles. whatcha thinki?
Just wait for the update !

CrewCab59

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And where do you buy a bluebird bus at?
They can be found just about any where, they don't stay in service long up north do to road salt .The main thing they are not drop in engines .

1. they have bigger oil pan ( need to be replaced )
2. they have a lot of junk that needs to be taken off due to bus .
3. they have different injection pump parts .
4. find a way to get them home .
5. have a lot of scrap just to get the engine.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The trans I put in was a Nv4500 ,241hd tcase from a dodge.

The stock engine was a 7.3 C6.

Scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts