Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sold the small block out of it today....so now it begins

ill be running a 93 12v with an sm465 with 3.07 gears and 245/75/16 tires 2000 rpms with put my at 55 mph 2500 rmps will be 70mph

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am building a 79 single wheel crew my self. how did the rear get lowered ? with a flip kit? looking good did you take any leafs out of the rear packs? thanks
matt

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rear is monster notched with full 3/4 stock springs and a flip kit front is all coils. i'm getting drop spindles and diff springs for the front to get camber back in control, thinking about z'ing my front clip 2 to 3 inches but im not sure what that will do to engine placemnet droped motor mounts arnt a problem but i wanna run a stock hood. so i will most likely just leave it be and save for the thorbeck p51 kit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
thanks, my 6bt sits well in the frame with tenesse diesels mounts. the stock trans is close to the trans tunel. the fan has @ 1-2inch on the hood. and oil pan is about 1-2 below the front cross member.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I cant post pics for some reason but the tenesse diesel mount kit is the same for 2 and 4 wheel drive they put the motor right were it needs to be and the clearance is right on

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well got the bellhousing all done motor and trans bolted together. only to find out the input shaft is to short. so im upgrading to the 1 1/2 input shaft. for a clutch im going to be running a c50 topkick clutch sm465 came factory in sum so no need to order some fancy clutch. i'll be getting the flywheel mechined for the pilot brearing for the new input shaft this week hopefully. still deciding between a button/puck style or standard disc clutch we will se wich ever way it will be a 13" i'll keep ya posted. on a side note those of you that may be doing a simalar swap the stock light truxk sm465 input is little over and inch to short. how ever i think if you ran a 1st gen bellhousing adapter ie thin style it would work just fine. im running the thicker style found on 94 and up. the sm465 came in trucks up to the c50 i figure if it can handle that it can handle a cummins, they( c45 -c60) topkick kodiacks had cat motors for cryin out loud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got my flywheel back from the machine shop, 13" clutch conversion was a success.

motor is sitting in where i want it.

ac compressor fits going to trim a little more

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll have to admit , Chevy orange was hard to walk away from on the engine , looks good . Hopefully this week I'll get my trans back and get to start my own install

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll have to admit , Chevy orange was hard to walk away from on the engine , looks good . Hopefully this week I'll get my trans back and get to start my own install
yeah i wasn't to sure on it at first but it has grown on me!. it really pops! got my mounts built today, big shaft and new retainer will be here tomorrow cant wait!

·
Registered
208 Posts
big shaft came in yesterday i hope to have it installed tonight and start buttoning this thing up we will see how it goes

nice buildup man, what are you gonna do for a throwout bearing, i need some ideas or a part number when you get done. could you make me one of those relocator rings for the bellhousing, i have a second gen intake horn i could trade for it, or pay, it dont matter.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts