Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get an ISB 170 common rail and allison 1000 to put in the gw. I've been doing a lot of lurking and learning from you guys the past few months but I've still got many questions. I've never done anything this involved to a vehicle before so I imagine I'll be looking to you guys a whole lot for answers in the coming months.

My first question. I can buy 6" lift leaf springs for very cheap from a friend. But I don't know what it will look like with my 31" tires. Would it look funny?
I know 29's look too small.
Just need some opinions or pics of 31's with a 6" lift maybe?

I'll add pics a littler later today

·
Registered
56 Posts
yes it would look very funny. i see it around every once in a while. occasionally, ill ask why, to the driver. the response is usually just bought it (p.o. kept other tires/rims), or they d.d. the vehicle. mud and offroad tires are loud. and the bigger they are the louder they are , generally. good luck on the swap. you got the comp. for the engine and tranny?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advise, nick. I guess I'll have to look for bigger tires.
I do have both computers. I just need some wiring diagrams to help with the merge. Know anyone that might have something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm about to get an ISB 170 common rail and allison 1000 to put in the gw. I've been doing a lot of lurking and learning from you guys the past few months but I've still got many questions. I've never done anything this involved to a vehicle before so I imagine I'll be looking to you guys a whole lot for answers in the coming months.

My first question. I can buy 6" lift leaf springs for very cheap from a friend. But I don't know what it will look like with my 31" tires. Would it look funny?
I know 29's look too small.
Just need some opinions or pics of 31's with a 6" lift maybe?

I'll add pics a littler later today
Did this project ever succeed? I have an M715 which is basically thew same platform up front. Was going to do the 4bt everyone has done before but have a good deal on a complete ISB drive train. Cant find much info on ISB installs into FSJs (M715, Gladiator, Grand Wagoneer)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts