Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm seeing lots of familiar names from I8MUD, the old LCML and Pirate, but thought I'd put this post up here since it deals directly with the 4bt.

I bought a 4bt bread van from dovebid for $1300 that had an sm465. Note that when I was bidding on it, the description said "Automatic 465" I didn't know if I was getting an SM465 or a TH400. I was hoping for an auto, but settled with the manual and picked up an NV4500 with a chevy AA conversion bellhousing and an AA rear adapter for a minitruck case for a good deal.

The Toyota truck has a 4 cylinder n/a diesel engine in it, but it is wiped. I already put the lift, tires, bumper, etc. on it, so the engine is last on the list. Here are a few before pictures...stay tuned for updates!

bk

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
nice rigs

Why do Diesels fall so naturally in Toyotas?

Nice looking rig......definately havent seen one like that, congrats

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's and awsome swap you have in the works.Are you running some serious body lift to clear the 35" height of the Cummins?

I am very interested in this swap myself for my SASed 2nd gen 4runner but every time I get it thought out I end up adding another driveline change.

4BT,NV4500,???T-Case,Dana 60 front and Dana 70 rear?

Let us know how it's coming along because it's a really neat idea if you can get it to work.

D

·
0 Posts
My guess is that it will take a lot to fit that motor in there....i had thought about it for a truck I had, but after measuring it, i decided it was too much of a squeeze. Good luck though! Post up when you have some updates

1 - 5 of 5 Posts