Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found 2 92-93 ford f350 with blown motors. I am going to buy both of them for 200.00. Does anyone know if I can use the 5 speeds out of them?

Thanks

P.S. new to the forum. I tried the search. Lots of info, too much for a noob to filter threw.

·
Registered
500 Posts
:idea: I'd recommend finding out exactly what type of transmission they have in them - whether they're gas or diesel, then research the adapter type here on this forum

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's pretty cool, you got yourself $1400 worth of transmissions for $200 and still have two whole trucks to part out!

I simply MUST put a gate in the fence on the west side of my house so I can put some projects in the back yard. $200 trucks are just too good of deals to pass up, and I know of a few around here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's pretty cool, you got yourself $1400 worth of transmissions for $200 and still have two whole trucks to part out!

I simply MUST put a gate in the fence on the west side of my house so I can put some projects in the back yard. $200 trucks are just too good of deals to pass up, and I know of a few around here.

I am the same way. Other projects before this. I check here everyday so I don't lose focus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found out today that the truck with the diesel had the tranny rebuilt about 8k miles ago before the motor when. Bad for my uncles company, good for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are cabs & chas. only. My uncle is on vacation for a while so it my be a bit. Keep my email address handy and don't be afraid to check back. I just need the tannys and fuel tanks. I will be building a diesel buggy or rat rod over the next few years. The trucks should be in a month or so.

[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts