Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I have been in the progress of swapping a 4bt into my jeep wrangler. The 4bt is the 120 horse front mount intercooled version out of the step van. I have most of the pictures so far....currently the motor mounts are welded up, and it is sitting in the frame ready for the driveshaft. As soon as i can upload the pictures i will get them on here for everybody to look at.

·
Registered
200 Posts
motor mounts intercooler

hi im new to the forum im starting my own project in a 94 yj just wondering how you fit the intercooler in and if it was the one that came out of the step van. motor mounts i have so many ?????. cant wait to see the pictures. i have a chevy 350 nv4500 and a np205 dana60 open and a 14bolt locked and 37 bfg mt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mounts

i used the bread van mounts because they angle the engine the way that it needs to be with the chevy transmission. The transmission is angled to the left of the motor which is why the motor needs to be tilted towards the passenger side. I used wood shims to prop up my engine to get it where i wanted it. Before you make any up go to the rear of your vehicle climb under and center your eyes on the pumpkin. Look from the center of the pumpkin towards the tailshaft of the transmission to see if the alignment is ok. Another thing you need to do is look through your floor to see if the transmission is in good position. Last thing you need to think about is mounting the engine more towards the drivers side so that you have turbo clearance. Im posting pictures soon

·
Registered
200 Posts
intercooler

looks good did you make the motor mounts yet. i didnt see them. i see what you mean about the angle i was just going to slat my trans and transfercase. maybe i wont ill have to see what it looks like when i get it in. and in the other truck the intercooler looks like it fits like stock. but in my case my drivetrain is so long i dont know if i have the room nv4500 np205 gm 14bolt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
motor mounts

I am working on a 87 yj 4bt swap and i'm in the process of making motor mounts. Where did you weld yours on the frame? I wanted to use the same mounts that came out of the step van but it sits the motor up too high even if I put a 3 inch lift on it the hood wouldn't clear. My friend and I have opted to make new mouts and attach them to the rear of the block where the four holes are on each side. We have cut out our material but haven't welded anything in yet. If you located yours towards the front i would love to see how you did it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
hey limegreen4btyj do you have anymore pics of the finel engine placement. and motor mounts need some ideas with jeeps with a intercooler.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
full pictures

anybody who wants the full pictures so far, just go to facebook.com and become view my pictures. Search for Jordan Tuttle. I dont feel like posting pictures up twice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
how does someone find anything like this on facebook, I became a member and searched for you but can't figure out where there are any photos

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
another PA person? no way...

I just put his name in the search window and found him.

that heater core plug is worse than some of the crap i pull off :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
getting ready for a 4bt swap

Hey everybody, I have been in the progress of swapping a 4bt into my jeep wrangler. The 4bt is the 120 horse front mount intercooled version out of the step van. I have most of the pictures so far....currently the motor mounts are welded up, and it is sitting in the frame ready for the driveshaft. As soon as i can upload the pictures i will get them on here for everybody to look at.
Hey man i am getting gear up for a swap, do u have any advice or starting points.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts