Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The First Set Of Turbos Was A Wh1c With 12cm Housing On The Top And A Hx40/45 On The Bottom. New Set Is Larger. Trying To Get A Larger Volume Of Air For The Fuel I Added. Stilling Working On The Plumbing For The New Set Its A Tight Fit. I'll Post Pictures On Progress.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey wayne, you wouldnt happen to be going to the texas nationals in October would you?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I thought you were getting rid of your truck MOOKTANK :( did you decide that it wouldnt be the same without it;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey wayne did you rock dunbars dyno this year at indy? I was talkin to Bryian, and the truck he was describin sounded like yours. I wasnt able to make the trip this year, but I do remember him calling and saying there was a ranger there. If so what were your numbers if ya dont mind me askin? later

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes i was indy had a lot of problems from the week before at the drag strip and it followed me to indy it was 238hp on dyno couldn't get in to fourth gear and blew a boost hose. it had some stuck rings in #2 from the week before and i missed the problem.i going to put on dunbar's dyno on sat at the extravaganza and drag strip sunday if it dont break .

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dunbar has to be one of the nicest and hardest working men I ever met....except for his help (forgot his name) who runs and sweats his arse off..:D I still dont think I will be able to my ride on his drum, I might try bringing some long ramps I guess. Most likely I will take a trip to OKC or to Kansas to take a whirl on one of the in ground dynos. Its cheaper anyhow to rent one by the hour so you can make changes, and not have to "lets try this" in front of a crowd of people what just want you to screw up.

Boy you did have some problems that weekend....when it rains it pours ya know. Brian had trouble with one of his lift pumps the year before, and we spent an hour speeding up and down a back street trying to figure out the problem. I realy missed going this year....not for the racing, or the truck pulls, but the wild fun at the hotels with all the burnouts and drunken tug o wars!bounce One of the things that still makes me laugh is finaly figuring out one of the slead pullers names......"OFF LATELY" a great name if he ends up getting beat. Bwahaaaahaha Later....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hope this weekend will be better its got lots of new untested parts it seems like nothing i have touched this month has worked the way it should we'll see come sat.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you part it I could use thoes wheels for my jeep

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would like to know more about that cut-down 6BT ex manifold....stock you would have 1 cyl in one side of the turbo and three cyls in the other side. How did you remove the divider? Milled out?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you are right most people dont think about the divider. i used a porting burr to grind it down and smooth it out a little.

·
Registered
335 Posts
hope this weekend will be better its got lots of new untested parts it seems like nothing i have touched this month has worked the way it should we'll see come sat.
Well Sat has come and gone.....how did it work???????bounce bounce bounce

1 - 20 of 93 Posts