Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good price to pay for an 94 4bd2T diesel engine that as the ad said has a blown piston, also after reading about the adapter kit Im not sure but will a turbo 400 bolt up ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was told today that the liner is shot and he has a complete gasket set along with a rebuilt head, he is asking $1,300.00 for the complete truck minus the 16' bed.

You say 3k, is that for parts and labor ? I can rebuild it myself, I have herd that you need to get the good stuff for these engines, where is the best place ?.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You might get by on less than $3k.I bought my last rebuild kit on ebay for around $700.If you are looking at the dieselswapper kit for your project you might shoot Dave an email regarding the best source for parts;he has rebuilt several.IMO, since you have not purchased an engine, I would look for a 4bd1t rather than the 4bd2t.Check the 'net to see how common 90's NPR's with blown engines are.I have been given several of the early trucks that were too rusted out to use but ran great.There are many guys on this forum that understand the difference between the two engines(direct vs.indirect injection, for example) far better than I ever will, but I have been studying the marketplace for about three years and I have come to the conclusion that the 4bd1t is the better of the two.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I got an Email back today about a npr with a running engine and flat bed for $1,200.00.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Good find.When I look for a repairable now I look for qne with a toasted auto...plenty of them out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts