Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the scene. I was wondering if anyone has installed one of these cummins to the 4x4 burb's 4L80E. I found an adapter plate for this but is this realistic? Is there someone tht does this professionally? Truck has 6" lift.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
What would you like to know ,I have done 2 burbs with 6bt.I have used the dodge 47rh and the stock t-case.

Crewcab59

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the 47rh necessary for this swap? Is it better than the 4L80E? Were they the earlier 12V 5.9's. Is it a wiring nightmare? I can go on and on

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Is the 47rh necessary for this swap? Is it better than the 4L80E? Were they the earlier 12V 5.9's. Is it a wiring nightmare? I can go on and on
The 47rh is built to take the ftlb from the Cummins and if you double the power the trans builder that I use has a life time on converter ,and 100,000 warranty and can take up to 500 rwh over that a new input is needed.

The 4l80E is good trans but when doing the same power level as the 47rh it's almost twice the cost with 1/4 of the warranty and no one is going to be the test rat ?? Now if you use a 4bt ,I would have any problems do so.

The wiring takes time ,not for newbs .Just having the right info helps a lot.

The 12v were all p 7100 so 94-98,can do other Cummins as well

CrewCab59

·
Registered
137 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts