Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
What kind of boost numbers are you seeing? If it's in the 20 PSI range you need to adjust the turbo waste gate to allow more. Safe number on that turbo is around 33 PSI. That's why you have all that smoke which is unburned fuel. Get the boost up and that turns into power. All that unburned fuel will also cause high EGT numbers.

·
Registered
1995 Bronco XLT, 4WD, 4BT-ZF5
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
I
What kind of boost numbers are you seeing? If it's in the 20 PSI range you need to adjust the turbo waste gate to allow more. Safe number on that turbo is around 33 PSI. That's why you have all that smoke which is unburned fuel. Get the boost up and that turns into power. All that unburned fuel will also cause high EGT numbers.
I don’t have gauges yet. Will try plugging the wastegate just for a short run and see what happens. I adjusted the starwheel 180 degrees CCW today and it made no difference so I think you are correct that I am dumping too much boost too quickly.

·
Registered
1995 Bronco XLT, 4WD, 4BT-ZF5
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Has anyone eliminated the PCM from their Bronco? I originally planned on keeping it but the PSOM just went out and rather than replacing that now too I would just like to be done with the electronics and put in custom gauges. The only thing I can’t figure out is the A/C is triggered by the PCM so I will lose A/C if I remove the PCM. Is there any way around that?

141 - 143 of 143 Posts