Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a 98 dodge nv4500 trans I want to used for my swap. It is set up for 4x4, but my 92 chevy pickup is only 2wd. How hard would it be to convert the trans so i could use it in my 2wd pickup?

·
Registered
55 Posts
You have to swap out the main shaft of the transmission and the tail housing from the 4x4 version to a 4x2 version.
I have the parts if you're interested. I just did the opposite.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You have to swap out the main shaft of the transmission and the tail housing from the 4x4 version to a 4x2 version.
I have the parts if you're interested. I just did the opposite.

HA-HAH! What a riot! Only on the 4BTSwap Forums hah! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, while I was sleeping, that transmission sold... just my luck...:( I will keep the parts in mind if I find another one, thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more question, can I use any nv4500 from a 95 up in my conversion? I am putting a 6bt in my 92 chevy 2wd c2500 and I am unsure what year models i should be looking for. any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nv4500

If your truck has the speedo hookup in the rear end then any NV4500 Dodge app. will work if the speedo hookup is in the tranny then use the tranny from a 94 to 97 Dodge app as the 98 And up dodge had the speedo hookup in the rearend and the trans had no provisions for the speedo.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I think that answers my question. My pickup has the speedometer hookup in the transmission(used to go to the 4l80E), so a 94 to 97 dodge nv4500 transmission will work with it, correct?
Thanks for the help guys!

I have found a donor vehicle I think... It is a 1994 Dodge Cummins turbo diesel 5 speed maunual transmission 1 Ton Flatbed Dually with 211,455 miles for $4,000... is this a good price?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts