Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 ford f150 super cab 4*4 4.6l v8 auto
Ok got engine and trans pulled the manual I have gives me the following info

Trans reverse black/pink and blue/pink (found)
trans speed sensor gray/ black and pink/ orange (found)

engine
tach white/pink
temp light green/red
a/c black and yellow not sure if this is on the harness of engine or another
oil pressure sensor????/???? I cannot find this in manual either in wire diagrams or to remove replace areas
cam angle sensor ????/???? the pics in the manual are for the v6 what I'm assuming is under the alternator?

I cannot find a crank angle sensor so assuming not one on this engine. Any one have any ideas on the oil pressure sensor.
What I'm planning is using the w wire of the alternator to tap into the white pink wire, is this on the engine wire harness or after ECM?

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
additional

Ok Found cam angle sensor, and wires. question can this be used to feed signal from a destroked crank angle sensor or will the pcm not work looks like 4 pulses on you tube videos (Haynes sucks)? trying to keep factory CC, I can go aftermarket and replace the factory unit just wanting to not spend the money if I don't have to.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
98 ford f150 super cab 4*4 4.6l v8 auto
Ok got engine and trans pulled the manual I have gives me the following info

Trans reverse black/pink and blue/pink (found)
trans speed sensor gray/ black and pink/ orange (found)

engine
tach white/pink
temp light green/red
a/c black and yellow not sure if this is on the harness of engine or another
oil pressure sensor????/???? I cannot find this in manual either in wire diagrams or to remove replace areas
cam angle sensor ????/???? the pics in the manual are for the v6 what I'm assuming is under the alternator?

I cannot find a crank angle sensor so assuming not one on this engine. Any one have any ideas on the oil pressure sensor.
What I'm planning is using the w wire of the alternator to tap into the white pink wire, is this on the engine wire harness or after ECM?

Thanks
Dan
Dan, I have a 1994, but I'll tell you what I did. I used a dakota diesel tach adapter plugged into the motor-trans adapter. It works great. For the oil pressure sensor (and water temp, too!), I tapped into an unused galley on the side of the block with the factory ford sensor and a proper adapter (don't remember the size).

You may not find anyone here who knows what wire does what...I'd recommend a factory service manual. Or just wing it like I did, haha!

Have fun and good luck!

-Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts