Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When reading a recent post on the forum I wondered what types of equipment, vehicles, or anything eles that uses our beloved B series engines, 4 or 6 cylinder version. The trick here is lets post pics of the engines in there respective places.

Rules:
1. Please do not repeat a listing i.e if theres a Grumman listed please do not list yours.
2. Engine must be a Cummins B series, any variation will do.
3. 4B conversions are welcome and encouraged, two photos only please.
4. I will send a 4BTswaps t-shirt to whoever lists the most. As soon as I get them from my screenprinter
Tallied on the 4th of July.
5. All posts must have a photo of the engine.

Good luck and lets have fun.;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well we had to get the ball rollin somehow! Why not with a Dodge? Looks good.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Turn

This is a 4250TM Trackmobile, it is used to move railcars, it has bimobile drive, rubber tires and steel wheels. This unit is powered by a 6BT5.9-C, it has a 4 speed powershift transmision, an accessory driven 16CFM air compressor and a transmision driven 100 CFM screw air compressor. The Trackmobile uses Hydraulics to borrow wieght from the railcar for tractive effort. These are the best Mobile Railcar movers on the market Today!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow! I had no idea that those Trackmobiles had Cummins' in them (actually, I guess I never really thought about it.)

So technically, it should be a Dodge commercial with the truck pulling the train rather than a GM Commercial bounce :happyfinger:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I ever had to buy a Dodge it would be the two tone silver one nice ride hot dawg, and ya cummins c10 the Dodge should probably be pullin the train not the GM. I will post some more Trackies, Bigger ones with the B series Cummins in them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Long time lurker; first time poster...Anywho all our forklifts have 4bts or JD Powertech 4.5; Most are cable throttle except the new Deers have throttle by wire.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Case model 5230 4x4 tractor. (With 97hp :eek: :emb: 5.9L Cummins. Now thats what I call detuned!) Photo courtesy of mullers1 on eBay. Click here for orignal listing.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Long time lurker; first time poster...Anywho all our forklifts have 4bts or JD Powertech 4.5; Most are cable throttle except the new Deers have throttle by wire.

That is a cool looking JWAC on there! What is the CPL # on that thing?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is what I was hoping for, different Ideas from different applications, theres so many different applications these engines go into that I am sure some one some where has come across a different aproach to some of the problems that we deal with. Keep it up guys!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
CUMMINS ONAN 150KW DGFA Quietsite Trailer Mounted Genset.

This one is odd, because its a 24 valve with a P7100, and a aftercooler/waterjacket intake manifold. There are the older mechanical styles too, but this is all I could find. Sorry, but 3 pics are nessary for this one. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
1997 Bayliner 4085 Avanti. Boats like this one, usually run two Cummins engines as a pair for more power. Cool application.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
CUMMINS ONAN 150KW DGFA Quietsite Trailer Mounted Genset.

This one is odd, because its a 24 valve with a P7100, and a aftercooler/waterjacket intake manifold. There are the older mechanical styles too, but this is all I could find. Sorry, but 3 pics are nessary for this one. ;)
That looks like a 6CT to me,...anybody else?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts