Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m currently trying to decide if I want to put a 4BT into my truck and I have a couple of questions. I do plan on installing a 4BT in steps, first mount to my 700r4 and NP208 and be happy for a while. Then I would like to install a NV4500 and possible a NP205, but that step adds considerable cost to the swap that I do not want to swallow all at once.

• How well/easy are the in frame rebuild/freshen up kits? Are they worth the time?

• Have people had good experiences with Avant Salvage in Georgia? I know people on thedieselpage.com haven’t been lately and it makes me nervous buying from them. Also does anyone know of a comparable place to Avant Salvage in the Ca Bay Area? (Only found one person talking about Avant Salvage)

• Is the KDP a problem on 4BTs? (Couldn't find a post, but I think the anser is no for the most part)

• Also anyone near San Jose CA that has done a swap that I can see?

Thanks ahead of time for all you answers and help.:D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Have you tried doing a search prior to this post? Not flaming, just curious. There's LOTS of information in here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have you tried doing a search prior to this post? Not flaming, just curious. There's LOTS of information in here.
I understand where your coming from and should have known better because I get annoyed by the same thing on other forums. I revised my questions based on searches; the ones that remain are ones where I still have questions or didn't feel my searches yielded the answers I was looking for.

Thanks again for any potential help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts