Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I noticed that David from isuzudieselswapper has put his truck on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=220130787452&rd=1,1 I would like to have it but cant afford it right now, I plan on building a mid 90s chevy 1/2 ton 4wd , standard cab short bed with an isuzu diesel. I need to finish a couple other things first and hope to start getting stuff together for the truck swap after new years. Anyway thanks or the info on here and whenever I get started on my stuff I will post. Later, Dave

·
Registered
233 Posts
That is the truck that the guy who builds the chevy adapters!

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's too bad for him, BTDT and it sucks.

Looking at the pictures though, that engine looks like it came in there from GM.

PS: All negative comments about GM (by me) will be withheld at this time out of respect for David and his situation. :rasta:

·
Super Moderator
8,864 Posts
One thing that's always confused me about that truck.
You can clearly see the 4BD2 cast into the engine block in this picture.
http://www.isuzudieselswapper.com/images/dsc00004.jpg

Yet he keeps calling it a 4BD1T, even in the ad. I can't tell from the outside of the head whether it's a 4BD1T direct injection head or not. the injectors look exactly like my 4BD1T ones, but I don't have 4BD2 ones to compare.
The differences between the engines are minor apart from the injection and I imagine the heads would be swappable (maybe not without some work).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm considering bidding on the truck.

One major concern (I have several), is how will the crank to flywheel/bellhousing adaptor hold up over time and miles. Like 10years or so and 100k miles down the road,

Anyone have experance here.

Also, got a lot of concern on vehicle inspection issues on a late model like this.

Thanks, RJR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it would go a lot higher than $13,800. somebody got a deal and somebody lost a lot. Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts