Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently building a 1951 Chevy 3100 pickup and have a 4bt I ordered that will be the power plant. I see that there are a multitude of manual transmission options, but I have a few dumb questions to ask:

1) Do all transmission options require an adapter plate or is there a list of transmission that bolt directly to the motor without said adapter plate?
2) Does a GM adapter plate work for all GM transmissions? Does a Ford adapter plate for all Ford Transmissions? and so on..?
3)My 4bt currently has a flex plate that will mount a Dodge 47rh. Does that mean that it has a dodge adapter plate already installed and will mount an nv4500 for example (after removing the flex plate and installing a flywheel)?

I apologize if these questions have been answered elsewhere, but im trying to figure out what options I have rather than spending close to $4k on a new dodge adapter plate, nv4500, and all the other bits that are needed. In all reality, if a T18 tranny would bolt directly up to the 4bt without any issues, I would probably go that route.

·
Registered
362 Posts
1) yes, all transmissions require adapter plates. No transmission bolts up to the naked block
2) yes, all sbc patterns work with gm plate, all Windsor patterns work with Ford plate.
3) yep. You're already good to go with a dodge setup.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,650 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts