Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an sae2 adapter to the gm pattern. Both adapters are aluminum from Phoenix adapters. They cannot give any info on strength ratings.

It doesn't LOOK very strong. I guess I'm a bit paranoid. This is going behind a 6.7 Cummins so a good amount of torque. Don't want this adapter to break and the flywheel cut me in half lol

Has anyone broke one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have an sae2 adapter to the gm pattern. Both adapters are aluminum from Phoenix adapters. They cannot give any info on strength ratings.

It doesn't LOOK very strong. I guess I'm a bit paranoid. This is going behind a 6.7 Cummins so a good amount of torque. Don't want this adapter to break and the flywheel cut me in half lol

Has anyone broke one?

·
Registered
10,791 Posts
Never heard of any of their adapter parts breaking. Have to remember the SAE part on the engine is just cast aluminum. Same for the bellhousing on the transmission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never heard of any of their adapter parts breaking. Have to remember the SAE part on the engine is just cast aluminum. Same for the bellhousing on the transmission.
True. I'm more concerned about the aluminum flywheel adapter I guess. I might just make a scattershield. Not like the rpms will be very high. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used and sold for use a number of Phoenix conversion adapters here in Australia and never had any issues whatsoever. Nothing to be concerned about. Follow instructions for mounting specifically the orientation of washers, ensure that the smooth side of washer faces to alloy surface not the sharp face.
Pete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts