Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you remember this site is now only about a year old... Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. This is all of you who have joined up and contributed; as well as our actual supporters (the blue star members) and our red star vendors. Each of you have helped create and keep this site alive. And to our admins as well (BobS mostly, but Dougal too!). Thank you guys so much...

This site has really taken off and become a great place in my opinion. No BS, mostly good tech and a whole lot of it :) I'm proud to be a member and proud to have helped with the construction here. The site started up at about Jan 4 of '07. That means in just over a year we have:

Threads: 2,810, Posts: 23,966, Members: 3,098
(That's right, over 3000 members!)

Last month alone for example:

Reported period Month Jan 2008
Unique visitors: 14,288
Total visitors (guys coming back: 41,637 (2.91 visits/visitor)
Pages visited: 542,875 (13.03 Pages/Visit)
Bandwidth: 11.81 GB

We obviously had a lot of momentum from the yahoo group going into the site but it has really taken off and we do have a good community here. I feel like we are beginning to become a central source of info for diesel swaps and there really is a lot of good info here. And we have a good community, it made me happy when everyone wished each other a Merry Christmas on this site...

We also have mostly a pretty wide group here of people, all sorts of ages and all sorts of backgrounds, all sorts of political and religious beliefs, even in different countries to an extent. And in general I'd say we are all jiving pretty well, a couple little tiffs here and there but nothing too bad if you ask me, and nothing too bad for "the internet." Generally this place is respectful and I like that.. .

Also a lot of kudos go to our volunteer cop patroller BobS, the sheriff in town (who I wanted to point out has little/no direct affliation to the site other than being an enthuast who simply helps sort our stuff out). Bob is recently retired and is a hell of a guy. Lives in Western PA and has recently been having some health issues, and despite that is here regularly and helping out and I can't say enough for that and thank you again Bob.

And finally thank all of you again, appreciated and hopefully this site will keep truckin' here for years to come.
(After this thread gets a little old I'll move it down to the admin section).

:beer:

·
Isuzu reliability tester
3,001 Posts
I would like to say thanks for makeing a great site. I am planning on swapping a 4bt into my 67 F100 and there is an incredible amount of knowledge here, its great.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
187 Posts
No, thank you Andre

...and thanks to the moderators for assistance and thanks to everyone for helping diesel noobs like me understand what i'm about to undertake! haha.

This site is 100% excellent tech.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the blue star and red star deal... Unlike other sites I do not want to create and environment where people feel pressured or the site enforces that most members are star members. But it helps pay bandwidth costs which are high when you have 50,000 visitors a month :) But we are actually doing OK with the support we've gotten so far...

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2

:beer:

·
Super Moderator
8,813 Posts
It's great to be part of such a site.
This is definitely the friendliest and most helpful website I've found.:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know I'd be running around in circle if it wasn't for all the information here. Thank you so much admins and members.

Eugene

·
Registered
384 Posts
No, thank you Andre

...and thanks to the moderators for assistance and thanks to everyone for helping diesel noobs like me understand what i'm about to undertake! haha.

This site is 100% excellent tech.
I 2nd that. I'd heard about doing 4BT from various places eailer (Including a friend and a magazine) but they severely lacked technical info. And I'd like to thank everyone in general for putting up with my obviously newbie questions at times.

Pantherman

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have to say thanks for a great site and all the help getting my project off the ground and finished. It helped me out of a pinch, and I really appreciate it. I will try to help those who follow.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Certainly the best site of its kind, ever! Not just diesel, but swaps in general, fabrication, 'Will this fit?" and all the rest. Really a fine job you all have done, great thanks to Andre, Bob and Dougal for a job very, very well done!

And thanks goes to the many members who help to give the place the great atmosphere it has! Really a fine bunch of folks, thanks to all!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Andre, thanks for starting this site. And congratulations, look how its grown in just one year. My thanks also extends to Bob and Dougal for helping keep the site running. Among all the guys here, we have a tremendous knowledge base.

Paul

·
Registered
65 Posts
stand up for what is right....contribute!

I don’t know any of the founders personally, but I tip my hat to Andre, BobS and the other contributors for the time and effort they have put in to GIVE us this great forum to learn more about our beloved 4B’s. That being said, I believe in the adage of “there is no free lunch” If you have found this site as valuable as I do then please step up and kick in a few bucks. I’m sure the info gleaned here or the money saved in a deal made through the classifieds is worth a monetary contribution to keep this site worth maintaining? I’d hate to see this site get shut down due to expenses. This county was founded on ingenuity, thriftiness and giving our fellow man a hand-up. Let’s not go down the path of expecting a hand out without any effort on your own part. Thanks again guys, keep up the great work!

·
Registered
49 Posts
There's just no way I would have even considered a swap without the valuable knowledge you have compiled here. Thanks a bunch! :beer:

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is a great site......thank you for providing :beer:

·
Registered
269 Posts
To all those that have came before, Thank you. To all those that are here now, Thank You. To those who have yet to come, Welcome. The forum has been the biggest tool in my conversion by far. Thanx to all who have assisted me, and everyone eles. I hope the forum will be here to help others in the future so heres to all who have contributed :beer: I have saved 4x the money because of the forum then what it cost to become a star member.

:beer: Thanks to Andre, Bob, & Dougal. :beer:

·
Registered
8 Posts
To all those that have came before, Thank you. To all those are here now, Thank You. To those who have yet to come, Welcome. The forum has been the biggest tool in my conversion by far. Thanx to all who have assisted me, and everyone eles. I hope the forum will be here help others in the future so heres to all who have contributed :beer: I have saved 4x the money because of the forum then what it cost to become a star member.

:beer: Thanks to Andre, Bob, & Dougal. :beer:

What he said! Ya all done good here!

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have always been into 4x4s but after reading about the 4bt i just had to have one. i havent needed to look to other sites for information all my questions are always answered here and i value this site alot and thank all that keep it up and running and all the members that add information. thanks steve

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is a great site for technical knowledge and first hand experience. I learned about it on the Dodge Power Wagon site. Since finding this site I find I'm visiting it regularily trying to gleen as much information as possible. I think this site will certainly make my swap a success. Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts