Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if a aftermarket slave cylinder is available? I only need the slave since I am going to adapt that to a Ford master cylinder. This would be for a NV4500 behind a 6Bt.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,743 Posts
LUK automative components has one.
Try this

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A dodge one would work but I thought Dodge only sold them as a complete unit. ie slave, master cylinder and line for the sum of 260.00. I only need the slave cylinder.

If you're using a dodge motor plate and bellhousing why won't the dodge slave work?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I buy aftermarket slave cylinders for my NV-4500's right at my local NAPA store. Last one he had right in stock. The Slave Cylinder has a special fitting. Here is how I adapt it. I have been told that some aftermarket company is making this fitting. I like to save a buck plus my first NV-4500 swap was before the fitting was available.

http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple/nv4500slavefittingmodification

Paul

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Car quest,napa,auto zone,advance auto, pep boys , all of the auto places sell the slave.

The dodge set up new from dodge is all one piece.

CrewCab59

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,743 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I used a stock late 60's Dodge clutch master and slave cylinder on my NV4500 install. I drilled the tranny housing and bolted slave directly to tranny. Had to cut down and turn a Grade 8 bolt to make a new slave cylinder pushrod. Works great and the old Dodge slaves can be rebuilt. A friend also bores them out and relines with stainless for a lifetime piece.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I'll try to post some pics here: shows fabbed up pushrod with slave, the clutch release fork with slave behind, and the slave attached to side of tranny. Works fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, that's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
bringing this thread back

hey all, I need to bring this thread back to life. I am putting a 4bt/nv4500 into a 79 bronco. I used a 90s ford clutch master cylinder. I modified the ford oring, push in line that used a roll pin to hold it together but filing it down so it fits the dodge slave cylinder. The problem is that I have changed my mind and now I want to use a gm cast iron slave off a 90 1/2 ton. it uses a threaded flared fitting i think. so basically i want to adapt a dodge push in oring fitting to the chevy threaded master cylinder. russel performance probly has it but i don't know what the dodge push in oring fitting is called.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts