Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just curious if anyone out there has done the wiring on a 2004 ranger. I am running the factory wiring harness from the truck to a sanzen 44 off of a ford sterling truck. There is a positive and a negative on the sanzen plug but there is a diode on the picture also. IMG_0224.jpg The first photo is the factory wiring in the truck. The sencond one is of the sanzen44 plug. IMG_0225.jpg Any help on these would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Not sure if my 2001 Sport trac is much different than the 2004 ranger, but the ECU requires a signal from the cam sensor to engage the clutch. Other than that you can bypass the ECU and all that is needed is the high pressure and low pressure switches wired is series along with the clutch to 12v on a manual switch. It will cycle normally.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if my 2001 Sport trac is much different than the 2004 ranger, but the ECU requires a signal from the cam sensor to engage the clutch. Other than that you can bypass the ECU and all that is needed is the high pressure and low pressure switches wired is series along with the clutch to 12v on a manual switch. It will cycle normally.
How were you able to hook up your cam sensor?

·
Registered
841 Posts
How were you able to hook up your cam sensor?
No I didn't hook up the cam sensor, it was eliminated from the wire loom before I realized it was needed for a/c to work. So I just bypassed the ECU and wired it separate of the ECU. The high and low pressure switches along with the orifice tube do all the cycling of the system once you manually power it up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I didn't hook up the cam sensor, it was eliminated from the wire loom before I realized it was needed for a/c to work. So I just bypassed the ECU and wired it separate of the ECU. The high and low pressure switches along with the orifice tube do all the cycling of the system once you manually power it up.
that's probably what I will do. Do you just need a power wire off the ecu or how did you go about doing that?

·
Registered
841 Posts
that's probably what I will do. Do you just need a power wire off the ecu or how did you go about doing that?
No, you just need key on 12v to a switch on the dash, then wired to a relay, then high pressure switch-low pressure switch-clutch all in series. Just that simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts