Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have been using the fleet guard filters from the bread truck application. I have seen pictures of the same type filter that is covered in plastic and i guess gets air from the front? But I can't figure out where on here I saw it. Have any of you seen or are using these filters? The Cummins dealer is of no help. Thanks !

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
Check out Fleetguard #AH-1107. Get a picture before you buy it. That's what I found in my old notes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot I will look at that!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
That's what I have on mine, Bob, and it matches Flazyj's description perfectly. It's quite large, very similar to a BHAF, and the intake ports are on the turbo end of the cannister, not on the farthest end. Looks like a guy could cut more holes around periphery of cannister if desired, but I doubt it's needed.

·
Registered
808 Posts
From your description, I believe your refering to a Donaldson Air Filter, # 546314.

Donaldson packages this same filter for other companies. The NAPA number is 6314, CarQuest number is 88314

I am using this filter on my M37.

Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul, that is the filter I saw in the pictures I was talking about thanks for your help with the pictures and part numbers!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Paul, that is the filter I saw in the pictures I was talking about thanks for your help with the pictures and part numbers!
Your Welcome ! Actually I did go a few steps further, something like JimmieD eluded to a few posts up. Looking at the picture, I have a 3.0" air intake line coming out of the side of the Air Filter ( follow Yellow Line). Then I fab'ed steel 3.0" tube through the front right radiator side on the M37. This terminates in front of the Radiator angled back so as not to ingest birds or other stuff. I wanted to get a lot of cold outside air into the filter. Will it make a difference, I dont know. But it was fun fab'ing it up.

Paul

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Nice install, Paul, as usual! Mine is the same filter except probably a little shorter length. The number posted by Bob is for a filter that's about 8.5" diameter by 10" overall length. The one Paul shows is more similar to the one often referred to as a 'BHAF' or 'Big Honkin' Air Filter'. Yours is more like 13+" length Paul?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice install, Paul, as usual! Mine is the same filter except probably a little shorter length. The number posted by Bob is for a filter that's about 8.5" diameter by 10" overall length. The one Paul shows is more similar to the one often referred to as a 'BHAF' or 'Big Honkin' Air Filter'. Yours is more like 13+" length Paul?
Jimmie, just for you, I went out and measured the filter. The rain is coming down sideways, lightening and thunder. Filter 8.50" diameter x 9.50" long. Now I have to get in the clothes dryer just to get dry LOL

Paul

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Well bless your dedicated little pea pickin' heart, goober! That's the same identico item as mine. Man, you need to come out west here and work on your tan :dustin: Thanks....

·
Registered
854 Posts
The one that was on an engine near mine at the 'yard had a sticker that said CA-6815 .... crosses over to a filter at NAPA that's about $50

1 - 11 of 11 Posts