Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! I was wondering what kind of air filters you guys are using for your 4BT swaps. I have the original Fleetguard BHAF (big honking air filter) that came with the engine. My problem is that there is not enough room in my engine compartment for such a huge housing. I was thinking of cutting off the housing and exposing the filter element until I find a better idea.

Any and all comments welcome, thanks!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hello to all! I was wondering what kind of air filters you guys are using for your 4BT swaps. I have the original Fleetguard BHAF (big honking air filter) that came with the engine. My problem is that there is not enough room in my engine compartment for such a huge housing. I was thinking of cutting off the housing and exposing the filter element until I find a better idea.

I'm running an AEM 6x9 filter, seems to work well so far...

·
Registered
696 Posts

You can get different size BHAFs. what size or P/N is it?
Are we talking ECB style?

Gaza

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the filter that I'm running. It came with the engine and is way too big to fit anywhere in the CJ-7's engine compartment.

This evening I cut the housing off of it: now it's a bare exposed paper element.

I think soon-later I'll replace it with one of the filter suggestions on this thread. (Some things I'm waiting to improve once I get the Jeep on the road again.)

Thanks for all your suggestions and pictures. I hope that others will find this thread helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Here is the filter that I'm running. It came with the engine and is way too big to fit anywhere in the CJ-7's engine compartment.

This evening I cut the housing off of it: now it's a bare exposed paper element.

I think soon-later I'll replace it with one of the filter suggestions on this thread. (Some things I'm waiting to improve once I get the Jeep on the road again.)

Thanks for all your suggestions and pictures. I hope that others will find this thread helpful.
I picked my AEM up on ebay for something like 26 bucks shipped straight from the factory. I forget if it was a blem or a factory second or what, it was in perfectly fine shape for me...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yep, same as Durango & Crewcab, 6x9 AEM. 10 months and never moved the filter monitor.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts